We offer visits to our airport for individuals and various groups such as schools, social clubs and scouts.
During these visits, we will give you a guided tour and explain the basic operation of the airport.
If requested we can do advanced tours, covering a variety of things such as
- Airport Layout, Runways & Taxiways
- Flying Lessons and Becoming a pilot
- Airport History
- Aircraft Types & Specifications
- Flight Safety & Hazards
- Flight Operations & Procedures
- Communications and Air Traffic Control
- Fire & Rescue
- Refuelling & Aircraft Maintenance
- Runway Markings, Lighting & Ground signals
- RAF Air Cadets
- Scout Visits - Achieve your Aviation Skills Activity Badge
- School Visits - Talk to our Flight Instructors regarding an aviation related career or work experience
Our Visits are free of charge but must be arranged in advance. The airport is open 7 days a week and we can accommodate groups of 25. Subject to staffing and events at the airport, tours may be arranged after hours.
For further information or to arrange your tour,